< Return to Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Warranty
Volkswagen Group UK Ltd (“VWG”) offers a limited two (2) year, unlimited mileage warranty for genuine parts and accessories manufactured by us or on our behalf and such other parts and accessories approved and sold by us from time to time (including any of them or any part of them) through a Volkswagen Group Trade Parts Specialist (TPS) Centre (whether in store or online) (“Parts”) which require replacement or repair due to a material defect in design, materials or workmanship.
Further warranty terms and conditions can be found in Condition 9 of the Terms and Conditions of Sale at https://tps.trade/terms-and-conditions/GPAS (the “Conditions”). If there is any conflict or ambiguity between these Warranty Terms and Conditions and the Conditions, a term contained in these Warranty Terms and Conditions shall have priority over one contained in the Conditions.
Quantum branded products and parts sold under the Quantum range are covered by Quantum Terms and Conditions for Warranty at https://tps.trade/terms-and-conditions/QC and are not subject to these Warranty Terms and Conditions. Part numbers for Quantum products can be identified on the Quantum product pages.
Tools and equipment that are manufactured by us or on our behalf and such other tools and equipment approved and sold by us from time to time (including any of them or any part of them) are covered by the Terms and Conditions for Warranty (Tools & Equipment) at https://tps.trade/terms-and-conditions/TAE and are not subject to these Warranty Terms and Conditions.
Your rights under this Warranty
1. Subject to paragraph 8, VWG warrants to the person(s) who originally purchased the Part from VWG (“you”/”your”) that the Part will be free from material defects in design, materials and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of invoice following purchase from VWG (“Warranty Period”). This warranty is referred to as the “Warranty” in these Warranty Terms and Conditions. This Warranty only applies where you purchase the Part in the course of your business and not as a consumer.
2. Subject to paragraphs 4 to 15 (inclusive) below, if the Part fails to conform to the Warranty during the Warranty Period, VWG shall, at its sole discretion:
a. repair or replace the defective Part; or
b. refund the price of the defective Part paid by you in full.
Any replacement for the defective Part will be invoiced and only credited once VWG has confirmed to its satisfaction that a defect exists.
3. VWG will use reasonable endeavours to process claims made under this Warranty in accordance with any timeframes given, but any dates given to you for processing such claims are approximate only.
Telling us about your claim
4. In order to bring a claim under this Warranty you must tell VWG during the Warranty Period that the Part does not comply with this Warranty by notifying the Volkswagen Group Trade Parts Specialist (TPS) Centre from which the Part was supplied within fourteen (14) days of the date on which the defect arose, providing full details of the alleged defect, serial number (where relevant), and an image illustrating the defect (where relevant).
Conditions you must meet to bring your claim
5. In order to bring a claim under this Warranty, you must:
a. give VWG a reasonable opportunity to examine and/or inspect the Part, including (if asked to do so by VWG) taking the vehicle to which the Part is fitted to a VWG authorised repair centre, at your cost (unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by VWG). If asked to take the vehicle to a VWG authorised repair centre, you shall ensure that the vehicle is in an appropriate condition (as determined by VWG, acting reasonably) to allow the centre to assess the claim;
b. allow VWG to collect the Part from you, or (if asked to do so by VWG) return the Part to VWG through your local Volkswagen Group Trade Parts Specialist (TPS) Centre, at our cost; and
c. provide VWG with the invoice number for the Part.
VWG’s right to reject your claim
6. If, as a result of carrying out an examination or inspection of the Part, VWG finds that the Part is not defective, that the fault is not due to a material defect in design, materials and workmanship, or that the defect has arisen due to those events set out in paragraph 7 below, then:
a. VWG shall have no obligations to you under this Warranty;
b. VWG shall return the Part to you;
c. VWG shall write to you outlining the reason why your claim has been rejected; and
d. VWG may charge you and you shall pay to VWG within thirty (30) days from the date of our invoice a reasonable sum in respect of such examination, inspection, and/or return.
Exclusions from this Warranty
7. VWG shall not be liable for the Part’s failure to comply with this Warranty if:
a. in the case of a defect that is apparent on normal visual inspection at the time of delivery, you do not notify the Volkswagen Group Trade Parts Specialist (TPS) Centre from which the Part was supplied of the same within forty-eight (48) hours of delivery or collection (applicable);
b. the Part has been installed, connected, commissioned, used, repaired, or replaced otherwise than in accordance with all VWG and/or any relevant manufacturer standards and guidelines;
c. the defect in the Part has arisen as a result of a failure by you to replace any associated parts as required by all VWG and/or any relevant manufacturer standards and guidelines;
d. the Part has been altered or repaired in any way that has not been approved by VWG and/or any relevant manufacturer, or any such alteration or repair has been attempted;
e. the Part was not fitted in accordance with VWG’s instructions (written or otherwise), including those available via ErWin (the Electronic Repair and Workshop Information Service from Volkswagen);
f. any instructions from VWG and/or any relevant manufacturer (written or otherwise) as to the storage or maintenance of the Part have not been followed;
g. you have failed to notify us of any problem or suspected problem in accordance with paragraph 4 above;
h. you have failed to meet any of the conditions set out in paragraph 5 above;
i. the defect has arisen as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, misuse, or abnormal storage or working conditions, for example, if the Part has been marked by hammer blows or used with power tools;
j. the Part has been used after giving notice to us in accordance with paragraph 4 above;
k. the defect was caused by outside influences, including fire, chemical, animal or vegetation damage, lightening, flying gravel, or flood;
l. the defect has arisen as a result of a fault caused by a previous repair;
m. the Part has been disposed of prior to examination or inspection by VWG;
n. you have failed to allow any required repairs to be carried out as soon as possible;
o. you have failed to follow any regulations and directions relating to the Part, including (but not limited to):
i. the Part being used in a way that was not intended;
ii. the Part being fitted and used in a country for which it has not been specified; or
iii. the part being fitted and used otherwise than in accordance with any instructions provided with the Part;
p. the defect was caused by the Part being fitted to a vehicle for which it was not specifically intended;
q.the vehicle to which the Part was fitted has not been used in accordance with the relevant owner’s manual and/or documentation;
r. you have failed to follow the regulations for use of the vehicle to which the Part was fitted, including (but not limited to):
i. operating the vehicle long term in a country for which it has not been specified;
ii. overburdening the vehicle; or
iii. using the vehicle for purposes for which it was not intended (such as racing or off road driving); or
s. in respect of batteries:
i. you are unable to provide a third party invoice which shows that the battery was purchased through a Volkswagen Group Trade Parts Specialist (TPS) Centre;
ii. the battery has been fitted incorrectly, stored incorrectly, over charged, over discharged, deep cycled (where not designed to do so), or otherwise misused; or
iii. the battery fails to satisfy VWG’s testing requirements.
8. If the Part is an item that is typically subject to wear and tear, or if the lifetime of the Part in question is influenced by driving style or other external factors beyond VWG’s reasonable control, VWG shall only be liable for the Part’s failure to comply with this Warranty for a period of six (6) months from the date of invoice or six thousand (6,000) miles, whichever is the earliest.
9. Parts referred to in paragraph 8 above, which are normally subject to wear and tear, driving style, or include other external factors beyond VWG’s reasonable control include (but are not limited to):
a. brake linings and disc pads (ceramic excluded);
b. brake discs (ceramic excluded);
c. clutch release bearings;
d. clutch pressure plates and centre plates;
f. wiper blades (wiper rubbers have no warranty owing to their conditions of use);
g. seat and backrest covers;
h. floor coverings;
i. spark plugs;
j. batteries for key fobs and alarms;
k. light bulbs (excluding xenon/gas discharge bulbs and LED’s, which are covered for the Warranty Period); and
l. shock absorbers.
Repaired or replaced Parts
10. Any Parts which have been replaced will belong to VWG. Any repaired or replacement Parts will be liable to repair, replacement or refund for the unexpired portion of the Warranty Period from the date of invoice of the replaced Parts under the terms of this Warranty.
11. We may, at our sole discretion, repair or replace the Parts, or any components or other items, with new or refurbished parts, components or other items.
Limitations to this Warranty
12. This Warranty is subject to the limitations on liability set out in Condition 10 of the Conditions.
13. Except as provided in these Warranty and the Conditions, VWG shall have no liability to you in respect of the Part’s failure to comply with this Warranty.
You may not transfer this Warranty
14. This Warranty is non-transferrable from you, the original purchaser of the Part, to subsequent owners of the Part. If you sell or transfer the Part to a subsequent owner in the course of their business, the Warranty Period will end at the time of sale or transfer of the Part to the subsequent owner. If you transfer the Part to another person who is a consumer, the Warranty Period will continue, but you will need to bring a claim on behalf of the consumer under this Warranty. We do not allow consumers to bring claims under this Warranty.
Governing law and Jurisdiction
15. The formation, construction, performance, validity and all aspects of this Warranty are governed by English law and the parties irrevocably agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.