TPS Genuine Heroes Promotion – Official Rules
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. You will be legally bound by these terms and conditions (the "Official Rules") from the time you submit an application for the TPS Genuine Heroes promotion (the "Promotion").
The promoter of the Promotion is Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited ("Volkswagen Group"), trading as TPS ("TPS"), whose registered office address is at Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes MK14 5AN. If you have any queries about the Promotion or these Official Rules then please contact us at [INSERT DETAILS].
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
- The Promotion will open for applications ("Applications") at 09:00 on 30 September 2019 and close for applications at 17:00 on 23rd December 2019 (the "Promotion Period"). All Applications must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize. The prizes ("Prizes") are described in section 23 below.
- The Promotion is open to all businesses operating in the United Kingdom (including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies), except those excluded in section 4, which are registered TPS customers with a valid TPS account and which have been invoiced by TPS within the 12 month period prior to the date of their Application ("Qualifying Business").
- Employees entering the Promotion on behalf of a Qualifying Business must be a resident of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over and must have the permission of their employer.
- The Promotion is not open to Volkswagen Group, authorised retailers and repairers of Volkswagen Group, TPS or TPS Centres, their agents, contractors or employees, or anyone else connected with the Promotion.
- A TPS customer account and internet access is required to submit an Application for the Promotion.
- To submit an Application and enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period, you must:
- identify an individual, business or charity that is in genuine need of parts and support to repair their vehicle (the "Nominated End User");
- visit TPS's Promotion page at [TBC] where forms are available for completion by both the Nominated End User ("End User Form") and you, on behalf of a Qualifying Business ("Application Form");
- ensure that the End User Form is completed on behalf of the Nominated End User (by the relevant individual, where the Nominated End User is an individual, and by an authorised representative, where the Nominated End User, is a group, club, business or charitable initiative) and upload the End User Form as part of your Application;
- follow the instructions to complete the Application Form on behalf of a Qualifying Business, including by providing the information set out in paragraph 7 of these Official Rules;
- accept these Official Rules on behalf of yourself, the Qualifying Business and the Nominated End User included in your Application; and
- click to submit your completed Application Form and the Nominated End User's completed End User Form.
- You will need to include the following information on the Application Form (together with any other information requested on the Application Form):
Qualifying Business information:
- TPS customer number;
- business/trading name;
- business address;
- business phone number and business email address;
- your name and position within the business;
- confirmation that the Qualifying Business will provide the free-of-charge labour required to fix the vehicle for the Nominated End User;
- description of repair work required, including parts required;
- confirmation that the estimated value of vehicle parts required will be either below or above £150 (using the drop down options provided on the form);
- estimated commercial value of free-of-charge labour to be provided;
- estimated time needed to undertake the repair;
- confirmation that you are a resident of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over and have the permission of the Qualifying Business to submit the Application;
- confirmation that you are happy to be featured in press and other publicity, including both print press and on TPS's social media.
Nominated End User Information:
- the name and contact details of the Nominated End User;
- a description of how the Prize will benefit the Nominated End User, including the positive impact and the importance of the vehicle to the Nominated End User (maximum 200 words);
- vehicle make, model and age;
- vehicle registration number.
Please note that Application Forms including a parts value of £150 or less will only be included in the TPS Centre Manager's Award promotion (see sections 13-15 below). Application Forms including a parts value of £150.01 or more will only be included in the Regional Award promotion (see sections 16-19 below). Application Forms including a parts value of £150.01 or more should not be submitted after the last date for winner selection in section 19 below, as they will not be eligible to receive any Prize.
- Application Forms must be completed correctly and in full, attach a correctly completed End User Form, be compliant with these Official Rules and be received by TPS during the Promotion Period to be eligible.
- Qualifying Businesses may submit only one Application in relation to the same Nominated End User. Qualifying Businesses may submit additional Applications in relation to different Nominated End Users.
- TPS reserves the right to verify the eligibility of anyone submitting an Application, the Qualifying Businesses they represent and the Nominated End Users. TPS reserves the right to verify the accuracy of all information included in the Application (including the Application Form and the End User Form) and the Nominated End User's need for the Prize. TPS may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and may withhold any Prize until it is satisfied with the verification.
- Qualifying Businesses participating in the Promotion will be assigned to their local TPS Centre based on their TPC customer number included in their Application.
Screening of Applications
- TPS reserves the right to disqualify any Applications if they:
- are incomplete, delayed, damaged, altered, illegible or otherwise defective;
- are submitted using automated means - e.g. a computer program, script or device, or any other method or technique designed to unfairly increase the chances of an Application winning a Prize;
- are submitted in bulk by any third party;
- are made in breach of these Official Rules;
- are made by businesses or employees or in connection with Nominated End Users which are ineligible under these Official Rules;
- include inappropriate, discriminatory, illegal or offensive content;
- seem to be duplicates or not legitimate;
- are dishonest; or
- in the reasonable opinion of TPS, do not constitute a positive endorsement of a Nominated End User.
You shall ensure, as far as is possible, that you do not make any Application referred to in this section 11.
Selection of Winners – TPS Manager Awards
- During the Promotion Period, the manager of each TPS Centre (categorised by TPS as a 'hub') will select two (2) winners per week on a 'first come, first served' basis, from all valid and eligible Applications allocated to that TPS Centre, entered for the relevant award and requesting parts up to the value of £150 (one hundred and fifty pounds). There will be one (1) winner of each award (i.e. 2 per TPS Centre categorised by TPS as a 'hub' per month) ("TPS Manager Award Winners"). The winning Applications will be the first valid and eligible Application received by the relevant TPS Centre on or after:
- 09:00 on 30September 2019 (but before 00:00:01 on 15 October)
- 00:00:01 on 15 October (but before 00:00:01 on 31 October)
- 00:00:01 on 31 October (but before 00:00:01 on 15 November)
- 00:00:01 on 15 November (but before 00:00:01 on 30 November)
- 00:00:01 on 30 November (but before 00:00:01 on 15 December)
- 00:00:01 on 15 December (but before the end of the Promotion Period).
- In the event that no Applications are received by the relevant TPS Centre during a particular entry period, a TPS Manager Award Winner cannot be selected for that round, and the Prize will be rolled over to the next round (i.e. the first two valid and eligible Applications will win a TPS Manager Award during the next entry period).
- 390 TPS Manager Award Winners will be selected in total – 6 for each TPS Centre categorised as a 'hub' by TPS. Each TPS Manager Award Winner will be the Qualifying Business on whose behalf the Application was submitted.
Selection of Winners – Regional Awards
- In addition, a panel of judges (including at least one independent judge) will select four (4) winners for each TPS region (North, Midlands, Central, South East and South West) from all valid and eligible Applications allocated to TPS Centres in that region and requesting parts valued between £150.01 (one hundred and fifty one pounds) and £1,000 (one thousand pounds) ("Regional Award Winners").
- The panel of judges will evaluate the eligible Applications for that TPS Centre region and select a Regional Award Winner based on the following criteria:
- The positive impact that the work carried out will have on the Nominated End User
- The importance of the vehicle to the end-user
- The strength of the narrative of the story
- Twenty (20) Regional Award Winners will be selected in total – four (4) for each TPS region. Each Regional Award Winner will be the Qualifying Business on whose behalf the Application was submitted.
- The Regional Award Winners will be selected on or around the following dates:
- Five (5) Regional Award Winners will be selected on 21 October 2019 (one (1) for each TPS region) from all valid and eligible Applications received between 09:00 on 30 September 2019 and 23:59:59 on 20 October 2019;
- Five (5) Regional Award Winners will be selected on 11 November 2019 (one (1) for each TPS region) from all valid and eligible Applications received between 00:00:01 on 21 October 2019 and 23:59:59 on 10 November 2019;
- Five (5) Regional Award Winners will be selected on 2 December 2019 (one (1) for each TPS region) from all valid and eligible Applications received between 00:00:01 on 11 November 2019 and 23:59:59 on 1 December 2019;
- Five (5) Regional Award Winners will be selected on 23 December 2019 (one (1) for each TPS region) 00:00:01 on 2 December 2019 and 23:59:59 on [INSERT]. .
- The TPS Manager Award Winner(s) and the Regional Award Winner(s) shall be referred to collectively as the "Winners".
- There is a maximum of one Prize per Nominated Cause. Qualifying Businesses may win more than one Prize for more than one Nominated Cause
- Each Winner shall receive a prize ("Prize") of the TPS parts which TPS reasonably determines are required to fix the vehicle for the Nominated End User, as described in the Application (up to a maximum total value ("Maximum Prize Value") for (i) each Regional Award Winner of £1,000 of TPS parts; or (ii) each TPS Manager Award Winner of £150 of TPS parts). The Prizes are for the sole benefit of the Nominated End User and must be used for the purpose outlined in the Winner's Application.
- Each Prize only consists of parts from the relevant TPS Centre and does not include the time or cost of labour to fix the relevant vehicle for the Nominated End User. All labour necessary to fit the parts provided as the Prize for the Nominated End User is to be provided by the Winner free of charge.
- Where the parts required to fix the vehicle for the Winner's Nominated End User (as reasonably determined by TPS) have a value of less than the Maximum Prize Value, TPS shall not provide any further parts or money to take the Prize up to the Maximum Prize Value.
- There is no cash or other prize alternative available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside TPS's reasonable control, when TPS reserves the right to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Parts awarded as part of a Prize must not be transferred or sold by the Winners or used for any purpose other than fixing the vehicle for the Nominated End User included in that Winner's Application. TPS may withhold the Prize pending the receipt of signed documentation from the Winner (in the form provided by TPS) confirming the Winner's agreement to use the Prize for the purpose and Nominated End User included in their Application and to provide the associated labour free of charge.
- Winners and/or Nominated End Users shall be responsible for any tax liability which may arise as a result of the receipt of the Prize.
Notification of Winners
- Winners will be notified by telephone using the contact details provided in their Application within two (2) days of the date the Winner was selected. Winners must acknowledge this notification within one (1) day of notification, in order to claim their Prize. If they do not do so, despite multiple attempts by TPS to contact them, then TPS reserves the right to offer the Prize to an alternative winner selected in the same way as the original Winner.
- Each Winner may be required by TPS to enter into a further prize winner's agreement in the form provided by TPS to confirm:
- the Winner's compliance with these Official Rules;
- that their Application is true; and
- that the Prize will be used for the purpose described in the Winner's Application for the benefit of the Nominated End User (and that the Winner will provide the associated labour to fit the parts free of charge).
TPS reserves the right to withhold a Prize unless and until the Winner enters into the applicable prize winner's agreement.
Supply of prizes
- The Winner shall ensure that the Nominated End User, on whose behalf the winning Application was submitted, shall submit an order to TPS for the required TPS parts (the "Order"). The value of the Order shall be discounted by the value of the Prize.
- [Following TPS's approval of the quotation for the parts, TPS shall supply the parts, pursuant to the Order, to the delivery address provided by the Winner.
- The supply of parts shall be subject to TPS's standard terms and conditions of sale posted at https://tps.trade/terms-and-conditions-of-sale .
- by publication on the following web-page [INSERT]
- By entering into the Promotion, you agree that TPS may publish your name and image, along with the name and information/images of the Qualifying Business (including in print publications, online and on social media of TPS's choice) and you confirm that you are authorised to provide that agreement on behalf of the Qualifying Business. You shall seek consent from the Nominated End User to the publication of their name and image (including in print publications, online and on social media of TPS's choice) using the form of consent provided for that purpose by TPS and shall provide evidence of such consent (or refusal of such consent) as required by TPS as part of the application and/or winner verification process.
- The Winners and, if they provide their consent, the Nominated End User may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Promotion, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional or press purposes.
- Any decision of TPS as to eligibility to take part in the Promotion or the result of the Promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Employees entering the Promotion on behalf of a Qualifying Business must observe any rules set by the Qualifying Business for participating in promotions. TPS reserves the right to disqualify Applications from any employee of a Qualifying Business where it has reason to believe that employees of that Qualifying Business are not permitted to enter promotions such as the Promotion.
- TPS accepts no responsibility or liability for (a) any Applications which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason; (b) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of Applications at any point in the operation of the Promotion; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the Promotion; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or (e) any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Promotion or to download any materials in connection with the Promotion.
- TPS reserves the right to forfeit a Prize where it reasonably suspects that a Winner is not eligible under or has not complied with these Official Rules. In such circumstances, it shall award the Prize to a replacement winner selected in the same way as the original Winner.
- TPS reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Promotion in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
- Any personal information supplied in connection with the Promotion will be used, shared and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice of TPS posted at [INSERT LINK TO PROMOTION PRIVACY NOTICE].
- The Promotion and these Official Rules are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts.