Last updated: 7th June 2021
To ensure we maintain a COVID-19 secure environment in our Centres, a local approach will be taken to front counter collection. For more information, speak to your local TPS Centre.
Following the latest Government announcements regarding lockdown, TPS will continue to support customers to help keep vehicles on the road and moving.
To keep safety of both customers and staff as our key focus, at the current time:
- Your calls will continue to be answered by your local TPS team
- Delivery service will operate as usual
- Centres are now able to take cash payments again
We will inform you by email of any impact to local services moving forward, in the meantime our local teams are happy to help. Find your local TPS Centre.
Be assured that we’ll continue to monitor the situation closely and manage all the challenges that lie ahead, and will keep you informed at every stage of the process.
Thank you for your understanding.
We understand how important it is to work safely and support our customers, and employees health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic. We confirm we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk across our TPS Centre Network and the actions we have taken include but are not limited to, the summary below:
Working safely from our vehicles
- Contact-free delivery can be arranged via our website
- Our drivers are provided with clear guidance on social distancing and hygiene, for example signage, visual aids and reminders. This includes regular hand-washing and the provision of hand sanitiser and gloves
- Cleaning procedures for vehicles, delivery boxes and other shared equipment are documented and visible in the Centre
- Vehicles will be allocated to specific drivers, and will not carry passengers. If a 2 person delivery item is delivered because of part size / weight there will be two individuals consistently paired where possible
Working safely in our warehouse
- Where resource allows, specific roles have been allocated to individuals to mitigate risk - for example only one warehouse person to action computer based tasks, one to use loading equipment, and picking trolleys are allocated to individuals
- Our warehouse operatives are provided with clear guidance on social distancing and hygiene, for example signage, visual aids and reminders
- Where social distancing is a challenge due to space, the warehouse has been marked up to show one way flow through picking areas and to show two metre picking zones down each aisle and space around key areas, for example warehouse computers and driver bays. A drop-off zone is marked out to use for no touch handover of parts for driver routes
- If absolutely essential to have a meeting, outdoor spaces or warehouse locations with doors open for ventilation will be used in order to maintain social distancing.
Working safely in our offices
- Our Sales team are provided with clear guidance on social distancing and hygiene, for example signage, visual aids and reminders
- Breaks will be staggered as will arrival times, and where possible a one-way flow system through the office has been implemented
- Where space is restricted in the office, colleagues will work from other suitable locations or from home
- Individuals are allocated to tasks or equipment, for example head sets and computers. Where this is not practical, a cleaning rota or policy has been implemented to ensure frequently touched areas such as PDQ machines, printers etc. are cleaned after use.
Welcoming customers to our Centres
- To ensure we maintain a COVID-19 secure environment in our Centres, a local approach will be taken to front counter collection. For more information, speak to your local TPS Centre